Gout pains symptoms and treatmentOctober 18, 2017
Natural Treatment for Seborrheic Dermatitis, Scalp PsoriasisOctober 18, 2017
Home Remedies for Dandruff and Itchy Scalp
Dandruff is an uncomfortable and embarrassing condition of dry, itchy scalp with shedding flakes from build up of dead skin. Dandruff can have many causes, such as sensitivity to hair care products, eczema or infrequent shampooing. Severe dandruff is usually caused by an excess of a naturally occurring fungus or yeast-like organism on the human scalp. Medicated dandruff shampoos are readily available, but various home remedies are equally effective at fighting pesky dandruff and relieve the accompanying itch.
Those with eczema and psoriasis are often more susceptible to dandruff since both of these also have characteristics of dry, itchy and flaking skin. However, seborrheic dermatitis is caused by oily skin, marked by red, greasy skin covered with flaky white or yellow scales. It affects other areas with rich oil glands eg. Eyebrows, back of ears, groin, armpits.
Home treatment to get rid of dandruff
- Drink Water. Often the lack of enough water in our bodies causes dry skin, and this is one of the many reasons to drink water! It is very important to drink plenty of water daily to help your overall health as well as the dryness of your skin and scalp.
- Apple Cider Vinegar is mildly acidic, whereas shampoos are strongly alkaline in pH. The acidity in vinegar can help kill bacteria and fungus growth on your scalp. Mix apple cider vinegar in a 1:3 ratio with water; water being the greater part of the mixture. Apply the vinegar to the scalp at the beginning of the shower and rinse out at the end.
- Aloe Vera Gel has been known to soothe and help heal irritated skin. In a research study, aloe eased itching and scaly skin in people with seborrheic dermatitis, a more severe skin condition that creates dandruff. Try Clear Skin Gel from DownToEarthcare.sg
- Relax. Skin irritations are often caused by depression, anxiety and stress. Pay attention to changes in your skin during these times and try to avoid these feelings by taking short walks, workout or massage therapy
- Probiotics. Our diet is often part of the problem. Consuming a good probiotic can help reduce dandruff and boost your overall health by providing beneficial bacteria for our gut.
- Omega 3 foods such as fish oil or Emu Oil, can help provide much needed essential fatty acids to nourish our skin from within; helping to reduce dandruff. Emu Tracks Emu Oil Capsules for oral consumption is available at EmuTracksAsia.com or ilovenatural.store
What to avoid:
- Commercial shampoos containing chemicals that are harmful, and anti-dandruff shampoos are often worse. Make sure to avoid parabens, sodium laureth or lauryl sulfate. Use organic and natural Coconut & Argan Oil Shampoo and Conditioner from ilovenatural.store
- Minimize sugar intake and
- Processed foods